Conditions of Hire
The Management Committee (M.C.) reserve the right to refuse any application, or cancel any booking at any time, in which event only the fees paid will be refunded.
If the hirer wishes to cancel or alter the booking before the date of the event, payment or repayment of the deposit or all or part of the fee is at the discretion of the M.C.
The M.C. shall not be responsible for any damage to or loss of any goods or property brought to the Hall, or illness or injury to any persons attending.
Admission of M.C. Officials or duty Officers of the Police or Fire Brigade shall be allowed to all parts of the premises at all times.
Excessive noise levels can cause a public nuisance. If in the opinion of a M.C. Official noise levels are excessive or any of these conditions of Hire are infringed and the Hirer refuses to comply, then the Official has the right to terminate the hire immediately without recompense.
The Hirer, who must be over 21 years of age, shall during the period of the hire be responsible for the supervision of the premises, the fabric and contents, their care, safety from damage and the behaviour of all persons using the premises.
The Hirer must not:
- Admit more than 220 persons (or 130 seated)
- Allow fly posting of events to be held in the Hall.
- Use temporary decorations, real flame or temporary electrical equipment without the written consent of the M.C.
- Use hooks, screws, pins or tape, unfireproofed scenery or drapes, or balloons filled with inflammable gas.
- Interfere with the Heating Controls
All exit doors and gangways shall be kept clear at all times
The approved fire appliances provided must remain available for use and must not be misused
Any damage done to any part of the property or the contents thereof during the period of the hire shall be charged to the Hirer.
The Hirer must leave the premises in a clean and tidy condition. In particular: -
- All floors must be swept and any spillages wiped clean
- Crockery & Cutlery must be washed, counted and put away after use.
- Tables, chairs and work surfaces must be wiped clean.
- All articles brought into the Hall must be removed (Rubbish bins are provided outside the Hall).
- All lights and taps must be turned/switched off.
- Windows, internal and external doors must be secured as appropriate.
The Hirer shall be responsible for obtaining a licence if intoxicating liquor is to be sold. Alternatively, an established licensee must run the bar.
The Hall holds an Entertainments Licence and the rules laid down by the Performing Rights Society must be observed in full.
A First Aid box is available for your use, located in the kitchen area. Please document any accidents in the Accident Book provided.
Top of Page